Of all Zeiss Humphrey instrumentation, there’s not a model more in need of modern overhaul than the Humphrey Field Analyzer. Fitted with dated CRT monitors, inconsistent touch screens, finicky motors, and stylings that wouldn’t even impress 2004, the HFA-3 brings a much needed makeover- not just to the inner-workings, but also to the aesthetic standards of modern perimetry. Before reading on, I suggest you tour our product pages of the HFA-II and the HFA-II-i-series in case you’re not familiar with the previous generation- just to provide a glimpse of where we’re starting from. Immediately, you’ll notice that Zeiss Humphrey’s third generation has a complete redesigned frame and as a result has ditched the CRT monitor and instead replaced it with a lovely LCD color touch screen that works as you’d expect any contemporary screen should. Those familiar with the HFA-II’s CRT touch panels know all too well that touch-screen calibration issues, and double-clicking are all things that should have no place in current times. The screen is also quite the spectacle- mounted at an aggressive angle maintaining the perimeter’s rhombus proportions- the HFA-III’s graphics set is beautifully framed- even when obtuse data sets fill the display. Despite an all new frame, the HFA-III still holds onto that same-ol’ chin/forehead rest adjustment toggle; the actual forehead rest and chin rest are identical, and the clicker using that weird CAT-5 connection hasn’t changed a bit. Unlike the prior generations with floppy drives in the front and USBs in the back- the third generation finally delivers on its promise to place USB and networking capabilities directly in the front of the unit (ya know, like where the operator is). Another major addition includes Humphrey’s new ‘Liquid Trial Lens’ which utilizes pressure for instant delivery of patient’s refractive correction with the touch of a button– wow, like the future! This standard accessory, along with the addition of Humphrey’s SITA Faster perimetry software provides more streamlined visual field-testing than any Humphrey model before its time. SITA Faster now takes about half the time of SITA Standard (HFA-II 750) and 70% of SITA Fast (HFA-II 750i) with the same reproducibility as SITA Fast–significantly reducing patient fatigue and streamlining clinical flow in our own in-house testing.
OUR TAKE: A major overhaul from the prior HFA-II… the HFA-3 is better, faster, and prettier than any other perimeter before it.
- Liquid Lens Technology: One lens, fewer mistakes
- SmartTouch interface: Ready, set, test!
- HFA review with FORUM Glaucoma Workplace from ZEISS
- Combined Reports: See The Whole Picture
- Everything you expect from a Humphrey
- SITA “Adapts” To Patient Responses
- Kinetic Perimetry: Significant Advancements
- Humphrey Gold Standards
The new automatic Liquid Trial Lens reduces patient setup time by automatically loading each patient’s refrac- tive correction from the previous exam. The result is faster patient flow and reduced chance of error when selecting a lens during test setup.
The new HFA3 platform gets you up and running with fewer touches. Simply select the patient’s name and press start, all using an all-new color graphic user interface.
- Review quantitative and qualitative information from all standard HFA analyses, in an easy-to-read format
- Change baselines and capture, track and measure progression simply and easily with Guided Progression AnalysisTM (GPATM)
- Use RelEYE to preserve an image of the patient’s eye at every stimulus presentation during a SITATM Standard test
- Assess patient’s compliance with RelEYE in both GPA and single-field analysis modes
- Work with either Mean Deviation (MD) or Visual Field IndexTM (VFITM)—or both
- Generate HFA reports using a MAC or a PC
ZEISS FORUM allows the HFA3 to work with ZEISS CIRRUS HD-OCT or CIRRUS photo to generate structure/function combined reports in a single display.
The advances in HFA3 from ZEISS only add to the reliable standard that thousands of practices already depend on for critical diagnoses. The new model still delivers the interactive analysis you need, when and where you need it.
HFA SITA Strategies are the standard of care in visual field testing. SITA™ makes optimal use of the information contained in the patient’s responses, looks at the complete pattern of patient responses while thresholding, and continuously refines the measurements.
- Threshold testing is faster than ever with SITA Faster 24-2
SITA Faster 24-2 improves clinical workflow and patient satisfaction with the fastest test time in HFA threshold testing. Approximately 50% faster than SITA Standard, SITA Faster 24-2 is also about 30% quicker than SITA Fast, yet offers the same reproducibility.
- Obtain more information in central visual field with SITA Faster 24-2C
The new SITA Faster 24-2C test adds 10 test points to the 24-2 pattern. They were selected to examine areas along physiologically relevant nerve fiber bundles known to be susceptible to glaucomatous defects.
- Expert analysis of visual field test results
STATPAC™ statistical software compares results to proprietary age normative and glaucoma databases for analyzing changes in the patient’s visual field over time.
Easy to use kinetic graphical user interface with full 180° testing range.
For years, the Humphrey Field Analyzer has brought certainty to glaucoma diagnosis. As the gold standard of perimetry, it is a critical diagnostic partner in thousands of practices. HFA delivers the interactive analysis you need, when and where you need it.
- Visual Field Index (VFI) – VFI is a simple and intuitive global index. Its most powerful application is GPA, which trends VFI over time to project remaining vision.
- GPA Alert – A message in simple language that indicates whether statistically significant deterioration was identified in consecutive visits.
- STATPAC™ – The language of perimetry, STATPAC compares results to proprietary age normative and glaucoma databases.
- SITA™ Strategies – Unsurpassed in efficiency, SITA is patient responsive: it learns to perform as fast as the patient.
- Connectivity – HFA3 connects to other HFA3 and HFA II-i perimeters. For comprehensive connectivity, HFA3 can be connected to FORUM with FORUM Glaucoma Workplace. HFA3 also supports common file folder sharing used by most Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs).
A trial lens provides the refractive correction needed so each patient can see clearly during the test. The HFA3 replaces the old manual process with a patented Liquid Trial Lens, which automatically delivers the appropriate refractive correction using measurement information entered into the instrument
The HFA3 does not come standard with a table, but you may choose to purchase a table with your HFA3 on the product’s page.
Transfer data by using the instrument’s network connection, a USB device, or by connecting a serial cable to the Data Transfer ports of two HFA instruments. Serial connections can be: HW COM port, COM-USB adapter or COM-Network adapter. The HFA3 is able to combine HFA II, HFA II-i and HFA3 data to create reports.
Yes, the HFA3 is fully EHR/EMR compatible via direct networking with DICOM Systems including FORUM. Most modern EHR softwares integrate directly with HFA3 systems.
Once connected, instrument can display a list of patients who are scheduled for visual field exams from a worklist. When a patient is selected from this list, all demographic data are entered automatically into the local HFA3 database.